Catalina State Park's popular concert series on the first Saturday of the month is held continuously throughout the year but artists have been announced through July 2017. Visitors will enjoy an evening concert amid the beautiful landscapes of Catalina State Park. Please note: In the month of April, there is a concert on the third Saturday of the month in addition to the concert on the first Saturday of the month.
The concerts are held at the main trailhead at Catalina State Park. Guests should bring a chair, food and water. The Friends of Catalina State Park will provide FREE popcorn during the concerts. The concerts could be canceled if severe weather occurs.
The cost is Catalina State Park's Entrance Fee of $7 per vehicle (up to four adults). For more information visit azstateparks.com/catalina or call Catalina State Park at (520) 628-5798.
WHAT: First Saturdays Concert Series April through July
WHERE: Catalina State Park - located on State Highway 77 (Oracle Road) at mile marker 81, just nine miles north of Tucson and six miles north of Ina Road.
WHEN: Concerts on Saturdays:
- April 1 at 5:30 p.m. featuring Swing into Spring (jazz, R&B)
- April 15 at 6:30 p.m. featuring New Mexico's Enchanting Cowboy (classic cowboy music)
- May 6 at 6:30 p.m. featuring Nancy Elliot (acoustic, singing and storytelling)
- June 3 at 7 p.m. featuring Annon and the Late Show (rhythm and blues with latin flare)
- July 1 at 6:30 p.m. featuring Jimmy and the Jitterbugs (smooth oldies).